Thursday 19 March 2020

Epic Books website is now available for students

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share some information about Epic Books for your child.  First of all, Epic Books is an online library of books for students to read.  I have made a variety of "libraries" for our class based on our Science units, and sometimes I allow the students to choose freely from the wide variety of books and videos available.  Although I do not have to pay for this service while we are at school, it is normally unavailable for children to use at home without a membership.  I was really happy to hear that during the time schools are closed, Epic Books will be opened up for free for any students whose teachers use it with them at school.   You can try accessing it at https://www.getepic.com/students and use our class code: ETJ-0072

Not that I'm trying to encourage electronics use, but we also sometimes use the website ABCya in class.  There are lots of fun educational games on this site.

Hoping everyone is doing well,
Mrs. Farley